About to be “Frequently asked Questions” concerning “fast track” teacher licensure in the state of Wisconsin.
- Is there a way to get a teaching license without student teaching? Yes.
- Is there a way to get a teaching license without taking the edTPA? Yes.
- Is there a way to avoid that horrible Foundations of Reading Test? Yes.
- Can I avoid working with kids, schools, principals, and communities? Yes.
- Will my license be the same as an “official” state approved license? Yes.
- Will I get a job with a “fast track” license? Depends on the desperation.
- Is a “fast track” license good for kids? NO!
After I complete 4 – 5 years of college, achieve a 3.0 or better, work successfully with children, schools, and communities, student teach, pass the edTPA, but fail the Foundations of Reading Test, DPI will deny my license but grant a license to someone who did NOT do any of those things?
Answer: Yes. The American Board for the Certification of Teaching Excellence does NOT require future teachers meet standards that are most important to successful teaching.
So who benefits from “fast track” licensure? Politicians!
And what about the “profession?” (Insert your own answer).
Why isn’t the Press informing the public? Listen to the song below.