So Ms. DeVos is a devout Christian who believes that if a parent wants their child to bask in the glory of God then damn it the government should pay for it. And let’s be honest she is referring to the God of Christians—only!
Ok. I’ll work with her. What does Jesus—the son of God— have to say?
- “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
- Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
- Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
- Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
- Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.
- Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
Hum? Let’s see how Betsy puts that pure faith into practice.
It seems Ms. DeVos is committed to transforming the Department of Education into an organization hell bent on dismantling public education. Why? According to Betsy she has some kind of delusion about ushering in the Kingdom of God. However, in her Kingdom the last better damn well remember that they are indeed last.
Mighty Christian of you Betsy.